Free Wi-Fi, access to computers and the internet.
Connect via the People’s Network to:
- Study and learn
- Word process your CV and apply for work
- Find information on the world wide web
- Explore our e-library collection of books, magazines, music, reference and audio-books
- Send and receive email
- Prepare a presentation in power-point
- Create spread sheets and databases
- Print your work
All of our libraries provide at least one computer with a flatbed document scanner for customer use.
We currently charge 25p per page for printing in black and white and 45p for colour. The use of the computers and the internet is free.
Bring your ideas to life – plan, create and make at the Perthshire Creates Maker_Space. Based on the top floor of AK Bell Library in Perth, Maker_Space has four zones to suit your project needs, using the latest creative technology. Please ask staff for details of how to book your initial induction slot, after which you can book any of the computer equipment available, including:
- HP Sprout Pro (3D Scanning and Imaging)
- High powered graphics PCs with Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Apple iMac with Retina 5K display and Adobe Creative Cloud software
All of our libraries now have TextHELP Read & Write Gold, WordTalk and Heather and Stuart Scottish Voice accessibility software installed to provide assistance for anyone with reading and writing difficulties, or anyone with English as a second language.
TextHELP Read & Write Gold also includes study skills tools that help with a range of tasks, for example, conducting research using the Internet, essay writing, report writing and proof reading.
A trackerball and keyboard with large keys are also available on request.