JD Fergusson Arts Award
For promising Scottish artists at a timely moment in their careers.
Are you an artist looking for the freedom to develop your creative practice and ideas?
The JD Fergusson Arts Award offers a wonderful opportunity for artists looking to boost their career or take an inspirational break to develop personally and professionally.
2018 JD Fergusson Travel Prize
This year’s award offers artists the opportunity of support in the region of £3000 – 4000 to travel to their chosen destination in order to research and develop their artwork.
Previous winners have travelled to the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Italy and the Antarctic.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS THIS YEAR ARE FOR THE 2018 TRAVEL AWARD ONLY
Artist criteria for applying
The award is open to artists working in any visual arts discipline, within the following criteria:
- If you were born in Scotland or have spent more than half your life resident in Scotland.
- Any professional training undertaken was completed three years ago or more.
- Any awards or support received (e.g. residencies, grants) within the last two years were not over the value of £1,000 on any one occasion.
- You are not an elected member of any of the major award giving artistic bodies, e.g. RSA, RSW.
- You have not previously won the J D Fergusson Arts Award.
Find out more on how to apply.
The closing date for applications is 31 October each year.
About the award
The J. D. Fergusson Arts Award aims to encourage promising Scottish artists by giving an annual award. Awards are given in alternating years for exhibition (development and production of new work) and travel (research and development). Last year’s award was the 2017 Exhibition Award.
Past J D Fergusson Arts Award Winners
|2012||Michelle de Bruin and Emma Noble||Travel|