Mobile 1 will be off the road from 22nd August – 28th August as it is undergoing its annual HGV MOT. This will affect stops to Glenfarg, Forgandenny, Forteviot, Dunning, Redgorton, Stanley, Luncarty, Inver, Dunkeld, Bankfoot, Bridge of Earn and Kintillo. The vehicle is due back on the road on the afternoon of Tuesday 29th August.
Our mobile library service travels over 50,000 miles a year taking books and audio books to the rural parts of Perth and Kinross not served by a community library building.
There has been a Revision of Mobile Library Routes [209kb] recently and a few changes have been identified to ensure the best service to library users while maintaining an efficient and effective service.
We deliver this service using four modern, specially designed mobile library vehicles, all of which are fully accessible with disabled ramp access. Watch the recent BBC Scotland video Mobile libraries: ‘Trusted street corners’ began in Perthshire (Opens in a new window) celebrating the service.
The vehicles also offer:
- Extended services to older people in residential, care homes and sheltered housing
- 3G Wi-Fi planned on all vehicles so that customers who don’t have access to a PC or Broadband can access online services
- Tailored services to local schools, encouraging good reading practice in early years
- Long stops in villages and small towns
- Priority stops and deliveries to remote rural communities
Find out more...
- Mobile One – Week One Stops
- Mobile One – Week Two Stops
- Mobile Two – Week One Stops
- Mobile Two – Week Two stops
- Mobile Three – Week One stops
- Mobile Three – Week Two stops
- Mobile Four – Week One stops
- Mobile Four – Week Two stops
- Mobile Libraries – Week 1 Dates 2017
- Mobile Libraries – Week 2 Dates 2017