As a library member, you can download e-audio books directly onto your device.
To use this fantastic free service you will need a Culture Perth and Kinross library membership, internet access and a compatible device.
RBdigital offers over a thousand best selling audiobooks and is compatible with iPods, MP3 players, smartphones, tablets and personal computers.
If you’re already a library member and have a RBdigital account:
If you’re not a member and if you live or work in Perth and Kinross, why not join the library to use this service.
There are just a few steps required to get your device ready to access our e-audio book service:
- Create a RBdigital account to authenticate your device.
- If you are using a Windows or macOS based computer, download the free Media Manager software from the RBdigital website.
- Go to RBdigital and log in to browse and download titles.
- If you are using a mobile device, see the information below.
For Apple or Android devices
The RBdigital app for devices is free to download and allows you to download and play audiobooks directly on your device, no transfer from computer is necessary. The app is free to download.
- Apple device – Download the app from the App Store
- Android device – Download the app from Google Play
- Kindle Fire device – Download the app from the Amazon App Store
Once the app has been downloaded, you must log in to begin browsing and downloading.
There are no charges for ‘overdue’ e-audio books. Once your borrowing time is up, the title will no longer be available on your device.
Reserve an e-audio book
Go to RBdigital and log in to reserve titles.
If another user has already checked out the title you want, you can click the ‘Hold’ button and this will reserve the e-audio book for you. You will be sent an email once the title has been returned and is ready for you to check out. The title will move from your ‘Hold’ tab into your ‘Checked out’ tab.
Support for e-audio books
For more information on getting started and support, please view the RBdigital website