Take advantage of our good nature…and art and history. Loan kits can be borrowed by teaching staff at Perth and Kinross Council schools and by community workers.
Types of loan kits
Are you a teacher or member of a family learning or community group in Perth and Kinross?
We have a wide selection of Loan Kits to choose from and they can be borrowed by any school or community group in Perth and Kinross.
Our loan kits can be used for cross-curricular work, reminiscence work and can be a topic of discussion for all age groups.
For ideas and activity prompts to go with a Loan Kit, download the Guide to Object Exploration [88kb]
How to borrow a kit
- Our loan kits are free to borrow. It is advisable to book in advance due to demand (at least two weeks notice) to secure your loan kit.
- Read through the loan kit list.
- Decide which loan kit suits you best. If you are still undecided contact us for advice, or you can drop in to view our loan kits, just call to arrange.
- Download and complete a booking form [40kb] and email to ShelaghBrown@culturepk.org.uk to reserve your loan kit.
- All loan kits can be booked out for two weeks. Collect your loan kit from the museum. Loan kits should be collected and returned from our loading bay to the rear of the museum. This can be accessed by North Port. Please contact us with an estimated time of arrival and a member of staff will meet you to transfer the kit.
- Collect your loan kit from Perth Museum & Art Gallery, 10am-5pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Please look after your loan kit. Loan kits are expensive and misuse or abuse may result in charges being imposed for repair. Any damage to loan kits should be reported to us immediately. Kits are inspected for damage when they are returned. Repair and replacement costs are charged to the borrowing school / community group.
- Kits will still be available for collection for 2 days after the agreed date. If the kit is not picked up the booking will be cancelled.
- If a kit is not picked up within two days of the agreed collection date the loan will be withdrawn and offered to the next group on the list.
- Fill out an evaluation form [37kb] before returning your loan kit. This helps us to ensure that we are meeting your needs, and lets us know how many people are engaging with our loan kits.
Key to size and weight of kits
Most loan kits are large and heavy. It is advisable to bring help.
S – small L – light
M – medium A – average
L – large H – heavy
XL – extra large VH – very heavy
Please contact us as soon as possible in advance of your pick-up date; we may be able to fulfil another request for the same loan kit.
The legal bit
The borrower is responsible for providing suitable supervision of any users of the kit. Culture Perth & Kinross does not accept any responsibility for any injury, damage or loss caused to users of this kit. The borrower must undertake to indemnify Culture Perth & Kinross against all and any claims arising directly or indirectly for loss, damage or injury, as a result of the use of the kit.