Kickstart Your Career
The Creative Pipeline delivered by Culture Perth and Kinross is an exciting new programme specifically designed to encourage young people to explore a career in the creative industries. This career path covers a wide range of potential areas for creative working including filmmaking, printmaking, fashion, architecture, publishing, photography, digital art, gaming, music and more- the opportunities are endless.
With an excellent track record in nurturing creativity and developing local talent, Culture Perth and Kinross is now offering this fully funded programme as the initial stage of the Ideas Centre Creative Innovation Lab.
Creative Pipeline will introduce participants to the broad range of possible areas of work in the creative industries and give an insight into the skills needed. It will take them through the early stages of researching and establishing a creative business idea and provide the guidance and support ultimately needed for the development of a career in the creative industries.
Becoming part of the Creative Pipeline programme will offer a variety of opportunities including:
- Information on the creative industries, what they are and options for these as a career path
- A series of practical taster sessions and creative workshops
- Creative industry venue visits such as artists’ collectives, studios and creative working spaces
- Opportunity to learn first-hand from creative practitioners and entrepreneurs already successfully running their own business within the creative industries
- Free access to cutting-edge digital technology and workspace in The Maker_Space at AK Bell Library, Perth
- Support to develop your own proto-type business project
- Start-up business advice and mentoring
Everyone on the programme will be offered a six day introduction over six weeks with a variety of follow on routes tailored to individual’s own goals in a supportive and inspiring environment.
Following a successful route through the Creative Pipeline, participants will also have the opportunity to move on to further programmes in the Ideas Centre (Incubation and Accelerator programmes) to continue to develop their business idea.
Register Your Interest
If you want to join Creative Pipeline and the possibility of ultimately creating your own business doing what you love, or if you just want more information on the programme please email email@example.com or tel: Helen O’Brien, Creative Pipeline Project Officer on 01738 477679.