The Community Capacity Worker for Kinross-shire is based in Loch Leven Community Campus. The Kinross-shire area covers the communities around Loch Leven as well as Crook of Devon, Glenfarg, Bridge of Earn and Abernethy.
Building Community Capacity supports
- People to be confident, skilled and active members of the community.
- Communities to be active and have more influence.
- Community organisations to get access to resources and to deliver services effectively.
- Community organisations to plan, manage and assess their work effectively.
- Community organisations to include a wide range of people in their work.
- Community members, groups and organisations to develop productive networks and relationships.
Activities planned for 2013/2014 – watch this space for more information!
- Funding Workshop
- Better Place to Live Fair – 8 March 2014 – Invitation for Stalls [147kb]. Use this Booking Form [45kb] to secure your stall. For visitors please see the list of activities [72kb] and Better Place to Live Fair 2014 poster [434kb].
- Make a Difference Family Fun Day – TBC
- Volunteer Drop in
- Volunteer Workshops
- Networking for Communities
- Community celebrations
- Community groups and voluntary organisations supported with funding advice, setting up project ideas, setting up groups, constitutions, committee skills and promoting activities.
Support comes in a variety of forms:
- Where and how to access funding
- Help with grant application forms
- Advice and guidance on setting up a group, constitutions planning and evaluating what your group does.
- Access to training
- Access to resources to support your community group or organisation progress
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to celebrate achievements
The Kinross-shire Community Learning and Development group comprises representatives from across all sectors. Its current Community Capacity Building Report 2013 [114kb] covers work with young people, adults and community groups and organisations in the area. it is currently under review.
We are currently looking to extend the group’s membership and if your organisation would like to be involved, or require more information please contact your local Community Capacity Building Worker.