The fine art collection has been developed over the last 250 years and today comprises over 4,000 artworks.
Dating from the 1500s to the present day they include examples by John Everett Millais, The Glasgow School, the Scottish Colourists, Beatrix Potter and Henry Raeburn. The Fergusson Collection was donated by the J D Fergusson Art Foundation in 1991, following which the Margaret Morris Archive was gifted in 2010. This collection covers all aspects and periods of their lives and contains over 4,000 works of art and over 6,000 archives.
The decorative art includes silver, glass, ceramics, timepieces, furniture, and oriental and Asian material. Important material includes Perth-made silver and Monart & Vasart glass.
Find out more...
- Barclay – John Maclaren Barclay RSA (1811-86)
- Cameron – David Young Cameron (1865-1945)
- Cranstoun – James Hall Cranstoun (1821-1907)
- Duncan – Thomas Duncan RSA ARA (1807-45)
- Frazer – William Miller Frazer RSA (1864-1961)
- Geddes – William Geddes (1840-84)
- Hill – David Octavius Hill RSA (1802-70)
- Kennaway – Charles Gray Kennaway (1860-1925)
- Millais – John Everett Millais PRA (1829-96)
- Murray – David Scott Murray (1866-1935)
- Perthshire Landscapes
- Potter – Helen Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)
- Proudfoot – James Proudfoot (1908-71)
- Proudfoot – William Proudfoot (1822-1902)
- Purvis – John Milne Purvis (1885-1961)
- Ramsay – David Prophet Ramsay (1888-1944)
- Sellar – Charles Andrew Sellar (1855-1926)
- Smith – John Guthrie Spence Smith RSA (1880-1951)
- Steel – James Sydney Steel (1863-1932)