Perth & Kinross Archive Service: temporary service disruption, 26 June – 21 July 2018
This summer we will be undertaking improvements to our archive store which will restrict access to our collections from Tuesday 26 June – Saturday 21 July, inclusive. The Archive Service will remain open throughout this period, but to keep the service running smoothly we need to implement a few important changes which researchers are asked to note:
- The service will be delivered from a temporary search-room within the Local & Family History area on the first floor of AK Bell Library. It will be clearly signposted, but other library activities will continue in close proximity, so it will not be an entirely silent working area.
- We will operate slightly reduced opening hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10am – 7.30pm; Wednesdays and Fridays: 10am – 4.30pm; Saturdays: 10am – 12.30pm.
- Researchers are asked to get in touch before visiting and to order records one week in advance – archive staff will be happy to help identify records from our catalogues.
- Valuation rolls, electoral registers and extracts of sasines will not be available.
- We will continue to respond promptly to enquiries, but may sometimes take a little longer than usual. Please be patient and do let us know if your enquiry is urgent.
The improvements we are undertaking will have long-lasting benefits for our collections and how we deliver our services. We will do our best to minimise the impact on researchers and other customers, but should you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch (email: email@example.com or call 01738 477022). For further information about the improvements please see here.